Work Permits

If you wish to temporarily work in Canada, you will likely require a Work Permit, which provides evidence that you have been authorized to work while in Canada. It is usually valid only for the specific job, employer, and length of time stated on the permit.

An Immigration Officer may issue a Work Permit after Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) has issued a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA - previously known as a Labour Market Opinion (LMO)). The employer then sends a copy of the LMIA certificate to the employee in support of his or her Work Permit through the applicable visa post or inland office. In short, the issuance of a Work Permit is an employer-driven process that has an essential initial stage.

In some cases, the employer is exempt from the LMIA process and need only provide an approved job offer to the employee in support of his or her Work Permit. In exceptional cases, the sponsor can be a US citizen who wants to purchase or startup a business in Canada as per the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Regardless of whether an LMIA is required or not though, the majority of foreign workers in Canada will need a Work Permit.

If your intention is to work in Quebec, you may also need to obtain a Certificat d'Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) from the Quebec provincial government before a Work Permit can be issued.

We assist employers and employees in all types of employment-based visas - including professionals, inter-company transferees (executives and employees with specialized knowledge that need to be transfered to a Canadian affiliate or parent), non-immigrant investors, applicants with extraordinary abilities (professional athletes and artists), foreign medical graduates, religious workers, and charitable workers.

When we are retained for your Canadian immigration application, you will receive the following:


Let's get started.

Should you decide to retain us to represent you in your immigration application, the consultation fee will be credited towards professional fees.

Our fees reflect not only the value of our work, but also our commitment to our clients. We offer a flat fee** for most of our immigration services, so you will always know how much you will ultimately be spending on your immigration application. You will sign a Retainer Agreement with one of our certified Canadian Immigration Consultants, who will inform you about your rights, mutual obligations, and payment schedules.

We also offer hourly consultations at a rate of $200.00 CAD ($160.00 USD plus applicable taxes).

To help speed up the process, we kindly ask that you pay your consultation fee online beforehand:

Please contact us by phone for an estimate of your immigration fees at 1-562-728-7716, or by email at
Someone will contact you within 24 hours to schedule an appointment.

Call us today for answers to any of your immigration questions, or take our free assessment to see if you qualify for any of the available Canadian immigration programs.

** We reserve the right to amend our fees to include services that were not accounted for in the initial quote. All prices are in Canadian dollars. The Retainer Agreement will provide a more detailed estimate of the fees and associated services. The professional fees do not include Canadian government processing fees.